We believe that anyone should be able to acquire a basic understanding of scrum for free. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we want to start a new movement #FreeTheScrum !
So often in our work as coaches we find teams have never been trained on the basics of Scrum. Sometimes it is considered too expensive. Sometimes it is believed teams can’t afford the time out of the office. Sometimes people don’t even realise that they need to learn anything. We don’t want any of these things to get in the way of teams learning and doing better Scrum.
We decided a 1 hour free online course would help #FreeTheScrum.
This short succinct course is perfect for you if:
- You know nothing about agile and Scrum and would like an understanding of the terminology
- You use Scrum but aren’t sure what the purpose of all the meetings are
- You want to understand the difference between the Scrum Master role and a traditional project manager
- Have Scrum fatigue and want to go back to basics
- You do Scrum but have never actually been trained in what it is
PLUS if having a certificate is important to you – you get that too!
We have a quiz at the end with a few questions to test your knowledge.
In this course, you will:
- Learn about the agile manifesto and what agile means
- Understand how Scrum relates to agile and other frameworks and practices
- Know that the Scrum framework is comprised of 3 roles and 5 meetings
- Be able to identify key responsibilities of the 3 Scrum roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master and Team
- Understand the key purpose of each of the Scrum meetings (Backlog grooming/refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
Please help spread the word of our free scrum basics course and help us #FreeTheScrum !